Seven community members with diverse professional experience and community backgrounds were elected to the REACH Healthcare Foundation Board of Directors at the March 22 meeting. The elected members include individuals with backgrounds in health policy, diversity and inclusion, higher education administration, accounting and audit, human resources, behavioral health, oral health and nursing. Two individuals are incumbents elected for a second term. The following individuals will begin their board terms on June 1:
- Katherine Ferro, Senior Clinical Transformation Consultant for United Healthcare, with experience in health care quality initiatives. Ferro is a resident of Johnson County, KS.
- Jon Marshall, Vice President for Academic Affairs with the Allen County Community College in Iola, Kansas. Marshall is an incumbent member elected for a second term. He is a resident of Allen County, KS.
- Jerrihlyn McGee, Program Director and Clinical Assistant Professor of Nursing Education at the KU School of Nursing. McGee is a resident of Wyandotte County, KS.
- Wendy Neal, Assistant Director of Human Resources, Safety and Manufacturing and Quality Coordinator for Sioux Chief Manufacturing, headquartered in Peculiar, Mo. Neal is a resident of Cass County, MO.
- Todd Pleimann, current member of the REACH Community Advisory Committee and Managing Partner at RubinBrown’s Kansas City-area office. Pleimann is a resident of Johnson County, KS.
- Heather Samuel, current member of the REACH Community Advisory Committee and practicing dental hygienist and Professor of Dental Hygiene at Johnson County Community College. Samuel is a resident of Johnson County, KS.
- Lynette Sparkman-Barnes, senior staff psychologist and Associate Director of Counseling Services at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. Sparkman-Barnes is a resident of Wyandotte County, KS.
The REACH Board annually elects members from the foundation’s six-county service area to serve on the board of directors. Board terms are three years, and members are eligible to serve up to two terms. Find more information about the REACH Board of Directors.