The REACH Foundation announced 28 Core Operating Partner grants totaling $1.4 million to health care, advocacy and policy, and coordinating organizations for 2019. For more than a decade, REACH has maintained a commitment to investing in the general operations of effective nonprofit organizations whose work is highly aligned with the foundation’s mission. The foundation has awarded 227 core operating grants totaling $15.9 million since 2006.
“The ability of REACH to fulfill its vision and mission is inextricably linked to the stability and capacity of our grantees, which are critical to the health care safety net and health policy voice in our service area,” said Brenda Sharpe, President and CEO. “These renewable, unrestricted grants are one way for us to recognize our partners’ need for flexible funding so that they can carry out their important work.”
The organizations selected include primary care, mental health and oral health care organizations, rural health networks, community health coalitions, and advocacy and policy organizations.
Seven organizations were selected because of their work with specific vulnerable populations, including homeless youth and adults, foster care youth, and immigrants and refugees. One organization, Migrant Farmworkers Assistance Fund, is a new addition to the core partners list for next year.
The following organizations will receive $50,000 grants:
- Cass Community Health Foundation
- Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas, Inc.
- Community Health Council of Wyandotte County
- Comprehensive Mental Health
- Cornerstones of Care
- El Centro, Inc.
- Health Care Coalition of Lafayette County
- Health Partnership Clinic
- Jewish Vocational Service
- Johnson County Mental Health Center
- Kansas Action for Children
- Kansas Action for Children on behalf of KCEG
- Kansas Association for the Medically Underserved
- KC CARE Health Center
- KidsTLC, Inc.
- Mattie Rhodes Center
- Migrant Farmworkers Assistance Fund
- Missouri Budget Project
- Missouri Health Care for All
- Rodgers Health
- Southeast Kansas Mental Health Center
- Synergy Services
- Thrive Allen County
- Tri-County Mental Health Services, Inc.
- Vibrant Health Neighborhood Clinics
- Wyandot Center for Community Behavioral Healthcare