REACH Awards 2015 Core Operating Grants
Merriam, Kansas — The REACH Healthcare Foundation this week announced grants to 17 health care, advocacy organizations and rural health coalitions to support their general operations in 2015. The foundation approved $1,075,000 in core operating grants to nonprofit organizations considered to be essential contributors to the region’s health care safety net system. The grants can be used for personnel, equipment, technology and other business expenses.
“Since this foundation’s start, we have maintained a strong commitment to supporting the general operations of nonprofit organizations that are highly focused on addressing health care access and health care quality in our bi-state service area,” said William Moore, Ph.D., Vice President of Programs and Evaluation. “These organizations have expanded health care services, tackled workforce shortages, and led efforts to educate policy makers on health policies that can benefit working families and their children.”
The following organizations received core operating grants for 2015. Core operating grants are awarded annually. Grant amounts vary based on the organization’s operating budget.
- Cass County Community Health Foundation – $55,000
- Comprehensive Mental Health Services – $75,000
- Duchesne Clinic – $65,000
- Health Care Coalition of Lafayette County – $65,000
- Health Partnership Clinic of Johnson County – $65,000
- Kansas Action for Children – $65,000
- Kansas City CARE Clinic – $75,000
- Silver City Health Center – $65,000
- Turner House Children’s Clinic – $65,000
- Wyandot Center for Community Behavioral Healthcare – $75,000
- Communities Creating Opportunity – $65,000
- Kansas Association for the Medically Underserved – $65,000
- The Missouri Budget Project – $55,000
- Missouri Coalition for Oral Health – $55,000
- Missouri Health Advocacy Alliance – $55,000
- Oral Health Kansas, Inc. – $55,000
- Thrive Allen County, Inc. – $55,000
For more information on core operating grants, contact William Moore, Ph.D., Vice President, Program and Evaluation, email@example.com.