REACH Awards $1.53 Million in Core Operating Grants
Merriam, Kansas — The REACH Healthcare Foundation today announced $1,530,000 in grants to support the core operations of 17 health advocacy and health services organizations working in the Foundation’s interest areas.
Nine grants were awarded to mental health centers and safety net health care clinics to support behavioral health, oral health and primary medical care services, staff expenses, equipment and other operational needs. Eight grants were awarded to regional and statewide advocacy and policy organizations, consumer coalitions and a rural health coalition to support educational activities, research and coalition-building efforts focused on ensuring access to health, behavioral health and oral health services for uninsured and medically underserved people.
Core operating grants provide unrestricted funds to organizations whose primary work is aligned with the Foundation’s mission and theory of change. The grants can be used for personnel, equipment, supplies, occupancy, technology, finance and audit requirements, and other business expenses. Grant amounts in this category vary depending on the organization’s budget.
The following organizations will receive $100,000 core operating grants for 2013:
Mental Health Services
- Comprehensive Mental Health Services, Inc.
- Johnson County Mental Health Center
- ReDiscover, Inc.
Safety Net Services
- Duchesne Clinic
- Health Partnership Clinic of Johnson County
- Kansas City Free Health Clinic
- Silver City Health Center
- Turner House Children’s Clinic
The following organizations will receive core operating-advocacy grants:
- Communities Creating Opportunity — $100,000
- Health Care Coalition of Lafayette County — $100,000
- Kansas Action for Children — $80,000
- Kansas Association for the Medically Underserved — $100,000
- Kansas Health Consumer Coalition, Inc. — $50,000
- The Missouri Budget Project — $50,000
- Missouri Health Advocacy Alliance – $75,000
- Oral Health Kansas, Inc. — $75,000
Learn more about the Foundation’s core operating grants.
Read about grant recipients.