REACH Awards $1.2 Million in Program Grants
January 8, 2014
Merriam, Kansas — The REACH Healthcare Foundation announced 2014 program grants totaling $1,249,859 to 15 organizations to support health services for uninsured and medically underserved people in the foundation’s service area. Funded programs include school-based mental health services in two schools in Kansas City, Missouri, and Kansas City, Kansas; use of technology to provide mental health counseling; and grants to support care coordination to help individuals navigate health care systems and access needed services.
“One of the foundation’s priorities in this grant cycle was supporting new health care access points either by expanding locations, staff or service hours, or by using tele-health technologies to help people obtain the health services they need,” said William Moore, Vice President of Program, Policy & Evaluation. “Other programs focused on funding direct services, care coordinators and health navigators as ways to eliminate barriers that block access to health care. The organizations selected for funding brought forward the most innovative approaches to reducing those barriers.”
Moore said the proposals received were some of the most strategic since the Foundation’s inception a decade ago, indicating significant advancement in the knowledge and capacity of the region’s safety net health providers.
- Cass County Health Foundation, $96,966
- The Children’s Place, $99,590
- DeLaSalle Education Center, $78,251
- El Centro, Inc., $38,500
- Jewish Vocational Services, $38,500
- Kansas City CARE Clinic, $100,000
- KidsTLC, $100,000
- KU Center for Telemedicine & Telehealth, $100,000
- Mattie Rhodes Center, $99,766
- Niles Home for Children, $100,000
- PACES, $100,000
- reStart, Inc., $38,500
- Swope Health Services, $100,000
- Synergy Services, Inc., $89,520
- KU School of Medicine Department of Family Medicine, $70,266
Organizations interested in applying for a grant to the REACH Foundation can find information and eligibility criteria on the web site. Find more information here.