REACH Announces Grant Timelines
Each year, the REACH Foundation awards Program Grants and Core Operating Grants to nonprofit organizations that are working to strengthen health care access and health care quality in the foundation’s six-county service area. Following are the application timelines:
PROGRAM GRANTS SCHEDULE
- August 11, Grant guidelines available online
- August 14, Pre-Proposal Conference, 1-3 p.m., Wyandotte County Health Department, 619 Ann Ave., Kansas City, KS
- September 4, Deadline to submit Letter of Intent (Step 1)
- September 26, Selected applicants invited to submit Full Proposal (Step 2)
- October 9, Full Proposal Conference, 10 a.m.-12 p.m., REACH Large Conference Room
- November 5, Deadline to submit Full Proposal
- January 2014, Notification of grant awards; grant terms begin
CORE OPERATING GRANTS SCHEDULE
Organizations must be invited to apply.
- October 7, Core operating partners Learning Community and Pre-Proposal meeting, 1-3 p.m., REACH Large Conference Room*
- October 23, Deadline to submit application
- November 19, Notification of grant awards
- January 2015, Grant terms begin
*Note: The October 7 date combines the Learning Community meeting and 2015 grant application discussion.
Changes in Non-Discrimination Policy
In 2013, the foundation notified all nonprofit partners about changes in the foundation’s position on non-discrimination, diversity and inclusion that will go into effect with the release of the Program Grant and Core Operating Grant Applications for 2015.
To be eligible for funding consideration, applicants must submit with their application a non-discrimination policy approved by the organization’s board of directors or trustees that includes race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable law, and compasses both employment and provision of services by the organization.
This requirement is consistent with the foundation’s significant investments in cultural competency, and strategic focus on advancing health equity in health care services and outcomes for all individuals.
Organizations that do not have a board-approved policy in place that includes these considerations will not be eligible for funding. For questions regarding the policy, contact William Moore, Ph.D., Vice President of Program and Evaluation, at email@example.com.
Read about other eligibility requirements